FEDERAL FOCUS, INC.
11 Dupont Circle
Washington, DC 20036
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FIRST ANNUAL ED-MENTOR SYMPOSIUM
WASHINGTON, DC, SEPTEMBER 13, 1999 - The First Annual Federal Focus Ed-Mentor Symposium, will take place on Monday, September 27, 1999 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Georgetown University Conference Center in Washington, DC. Business Leaders, Government Agencies, Educators, Technology Experts, as well as Profit and Nonprofit organizations, are cordially invited to attend this important symposium on Telementoring. Policymakers, program directors, managers, and leading experts in the field will be featured. Scheduled speakers include:
- Henry Kelly, Ph.D, Assistant Director for Technology, The White House
- Miley Gonzalez, Ph.D, Under Secretary, Department of Agriculture
- Bernadette McGuire-Rivera, Ph.D, Associate Administrator, Office of Telecommunications and Information Applications, Department of Commerce
- Kirk Winters, Policy Analyst, Department of Education
- Brandt Secosh, Education Technology Specialist, NASA Projects,
- David Neils, Director, International Telementor Center
- Judi Harris, Ph.D, Associate Professor/Program Director, Electronic Emissary, University of Texas
- Carol Muller, Ph.D, Executive Director, MentorNet, San Jose State University
- Kevin O'Neill, Ph.D, Research Associate, University of Pittsburgh
- Abby Kasowitz, M.S., M.L.S., Coordinator, Virtual Reference Desk Project, Syracuse University
About Federal Focus, Inc. and Ed-Mentor
Federal Focus, Inc. is a U.S. non-profit foundation established to provide nonpartisan educational research and analysis of broad policy and technical issues associated with operations of the Executive Branch of the Federal government.
Because Internet-based mentoring programs, often called E-Mentoring, Electronic-Mentoring, Telementoring or Ed-Mentor have mushroomed in recent years, it is time to share views on what works, and what works best. It is for this reason that Federal Focus, acting as a facilitator, is assembling several top experts in the Internet mentoring industry to come together to discuss and share ideas about successful programs.
No registration fee is being assessed to attend this important Symposium. However, due to limited seating, pre-registration is required. Call (202) 797-6368 to request a Pre-Registration Form by fax. A confirmation number will be faxed to your attention, subject to availability. Only a few seats remain. Call today.